1.12.14

Holiday Gift List – The Beauty Lover


I've got some more holiday gift ideas for you.  This time focusing on the beauty lover!

Come check it out:

Up first is skincare.  Skincare has been my main focus when it comes to my beauty regime.  Even as a kid, I was very aware of the need to moisturise and protect my skin.  It is our largest organ after all and I want it to be in the best shape possible.


Hydration is super important for optimal skincare.  Why not get your daily water quota and add a pop of colour with a bkr glass water bottle.  Loving the heart ones.   


I'm completely new to serums and the Province Apothecary Serum is the first I've tried.  This version was specially made for me as I wanted it unscented.  It has been a great addition to my facial routine and perfect timing before the really bitterly cold months get here. 


My skin tends to be dry, so the serum combined with the use of Province Apothecary’s Exfoliator and Mask has made a huge difference in the feel of my skin and the level of moisture I maintain throughout the day.  Removing dead skin cells no doubt is a huge help on this front.

Province Apothecary is definitely worth checking out if you are looking for products made from natural, organic and locally sourced ingredients.  A great Canadian find!


Even in winter one needs to think about sun protection and I recently discovered Graydon’s Sun Cream and Glow.   The Sun Cream I use when I don’t plan on wearing any make-up and for my outdoor morning walks.  The Glow I use when I want a little dewiness while still getting sun protection.  It doesn’t provide as much coverage as a tinted moisturizer, but it does add a hint of a tint, which I find perfect for the no make-up make-up look!  Graydon is another Canadian business based out of Toronto and I am super happy to have discovered them.


My thoughtful significant other brought me back a tube of LePetit Marsellais Lipbalm during one of his many trips to Paris for work.  I can’t say enough good things about this balm made in France.  It moisturizes without feeling sticky in the least.  This stuff is perfect for the bitter cold Canadian winter months.  My tube is completely gone.  I’ve dug all I can out of the container.  So I’m thrilled he’s currently picking me up a re-stock!  Worry not, you don’t need to plan a trip to Paris to pick these beauties up; thankfully they are available on Amazon.


I am a total lip balm addict and have been since I was really young and first discovered Lip Smackers!!  


It is only recently that I have started to venture into the world of colourful lips. This Lush Lip Tint in Orchard by Bite Beauty has been the perfect stepping stone.  Not a lipstick, but still plenty of colour without sacrificing on moisture.  Plus they are made in Canada out of Toronto and I’m always happy to support a fellow Canadian business

.
The rms Beauty “un” cover-up has been on my radar for years.  I finally took the plunge a couple of months ago and have been kicking myself that I didn't pick it up sooner.  The cream blends amazingly easily; even when applied with your fingers.  

It can be used as a concealer or even a full foundation.  The option is yours.  I have primarily been using it as a concealer and don’t worry in the least about using it around my eye area.  Seriously happy to have this in my arsenal of beauty products.  This is no doubt the first purchase of many to come J  For those living in Montreal, Annie YoungCosmetics, located on Sherbrooke Street in Westmount, has all of your rms Beauty needs covered.


I recently picked up the Josie Maran mascara when I finally got around to cashing in my b-day gift card I received a couple of years ago.  I've been researching natural mascaras and this is the first one I’m giving a go.  So far, I’m loving that I don’t have any aches around my eye while wearing this formula.  Am I the only one who gets these pains/ sensitivity to eyeliner and mascara?!  In any case, I love my eyesight and want to protect it anyway I can.


I’m relatively new to the make-up world and have really enjoyed learning tips and tricks from the talented sisters at Pixiwoos and the warm and friendly Kandee Johnson.  If you haven’t watched them, I highly recommend giving them a look.  For some reason I find make-up tutorials oddly relaxing!  They also post some really awesome shots on Instagram if you are looking for new people to follow ;)


These brushes by Sam & Nick Chapman for Real Techniques are uber soft and have helped make my beauty routine more efficient and enjoyable.   I’ve now got the retractable bronzer and kabuki versions on my wish list!


And for storing all these lovely goods, this cosmetic bag and brush roll are similar to ones I made for myself several years back.  I travel quite a bit for both pleasure and business and this combo has served me well.  My brushes have stayed protected and the material is light enough to not add a huge amount of bulk.  


The bag isn't too big so it doesn't take up a lot of space in your luggage, but is large enough to store all your beauty necessities.  I actually store them in my purse so that I have easy access while on the go.  I've got other versions listed in my store; please stop by for a visit: Shannon Fraser Designs on Etsy - www.shannonfraserdesigns.etsy.com.

What beauty finds do you have on your list this year?

xo

S

No comments:

Post a Comment